We can only help you if you have the following breed dog: Pit Bull/Pit Bull mix, Chihuahua/Chihuahua mix, German Shepherd/German Shepherd mix or Heeler/ Heeler mix
NOTICE: WE ARE TEMPORARILY OUT OF FUNDING FOR SPAY/NEUTER VOUCHERS. PLEASE EMAIL US AT SPAYNEUTERNM@GMAIL.COM WITH YOUR NAME AND DOG BREED INFORMATION AND WE WILL ADD YOU TO OUR WAIT LIST OR TRY TO HELP YOU FIND A DIFFERENT OPTION FOR A LOW-COST SERVICE.
In order to receive a voucher:
- You must be a lower income Valencia county resident. 40k annually or equivalent. (equal to 200% of poverty level.)
- You must have a Pit Bull/Pit Bull mix, Chihuahua/Chihuahua mix, German Shepherd/German Shepherd mix or Heeler/ Heeler mix.
- The dog must be from 4 weeks to 4 years of age.
What you will need:
- Completed application (one per dog)
- Liability waiver (one per dog and is availableto download at the bottom of the application) If you need the waiver mailed to you, just let us know in the notes.
- Photo of each dog
- Proof of lower income (We accept anything that shows your annual household income. Some examples are: a copy of last year’s W-2, 2-3 consecutive pay-stubs, letter from your employer, Social Security Award letter, FS or work force unemployment card. Please black out any personal information such as Social Security numbers or Tax ID numbers. We just need your name and address on the document. If the document is in another name, just please include a note with your relationship to the person. We will not share your personal information; it is only used to qualify you for the program.) If your name and address isnt on the proof of income, please send a picture of a utility bill or ID.
For owned cats, please contact the Zimmer Feline Foundation at 505-466-1676
For all other breeds and counties, please email us and we’ll try to find a program that works for you.
If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com
If you would prefer to mail or email your your application in, please return the three documents below and your proof of income to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can mail it to us at, Spay-Neuter Coalition of NM, PO Box 2352, Los Lunas, NM 87031.
How long does it take to receive a voucher?:
As soon as we receive your paperwork, we will go over it and contact you to let you know if you have qualified. If so, we will let you know what your co-pay will be and send the voucher directly to you and a copy to the vet. At that time, you will have 30 days to call and schedule an appointment for your pet(s). Please keep in mind that we are limited by funding, so the faster we get your complete application, the better the chance we will not have to put you on a wait list.
Additional improtant details:
COST: Your co-pay will range from$30-$120 based on income level and services and dog health issues.
Your voucher may be fully or partially subsidized by a grant. Information such as your name, zip code, income level in $10,000 increments, and your pet’s information will be shared with them upon their request. They will not share any of your information.
Please bathe your pet prior to surgery and make sure they are flea and tick free. If your dog has ticks or shows signs of tick borne illness, you will be turned away until your dog receives treatment. This is because tick diseases cause excessive bleeding during surgery. Treatment consists of removing ticks carefully, making sure you get the heads to prevent infection or disease (do not attempt to burn them off or use chemicals as it doesn’t dislodge the ticks, but will cause them to regurgitate its contents back into your pet, this causes infection and disease), spot on treatment and an antibiotic if your pet is showing signs of illness. If you are unable to afford the spot on treatment and/or antibiotics, please contact us, we may be able to help.